Advanced Wireless Infrared Gas Detection Technology
Easy to use, real-time data acquisition and display for on-demand reporting and responsive decision making.
Our Hardware – Innovative, reliable, accurate.
- The gas monitor is CSA special acceptance approved for Class 1, Division 2 groups
B, C & D (explosive areas).
- The rugged, durable, aluminum enclosure is explosion proof and withstands the tough environment of drilling rig operations.
- The wireless modem’s built-in security protects your data transfer.
- Increases safety by eliminating the potential entry of poisonous gases in the geologist’s work area.
- Powerful radios are built to military specifications, software encrypted and operate with a non-line-of-sight of 8 km (5 miles).
- Saves space in the geologist’s work area.
- Safe, easy and quick to rig up.
- Less risk of freezing in colder weather with the reduction of poly lines.
- Gas content is read almost instantly increasing accuracy and safety.
- Detects trace amounts of hydrocarbons.
- Provides excellent thin-bed resolution and fracture analysis.
- Has no known contaminants and works in the presence of moisture.
- Increased repeatability and sensor life.
- Optical filters allow detection of gases within a precise wave length.
- Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen, Hydrogen Sulphide, mud additives, etc. do not affect sensor readings.
- Infrared sensors are not susceptible to drift as are older technologies like Catalytic Combustion (CC) and TCD sensors.
- Infrared sensors do not require a dilution factor or ‘algorithm’ as do other technologies.
- Non-destructive sampling method (no combustion of gas sample).
- No carrier gas or Transportation of Dangerous Goods are required.
- One second sampling provides increased accuracy for geosteering.